- To arouse the interest in studying science.
- To motivate their curiosity in investigating the nature.
- To arouse the awareness of the current issues in science aspect and to cultivate the positive attitude towards the current problems.
- To arouse the awareness of laboratory safety concept.
- To inspire the discovery approach in learning.
- To emphasize the objective, critical observation and logical thinking technique.
- To equip students with better learning strategies in science studies.
- To build up the confidence in handling the practical skills.
- To enhance the students’ awareness of experimental skill and concept of formation.
- To emphasize the analytical power in data.
- To enhance the experience or knowledge of students in solving relevant problems in new situation.
- To concern individual differences of classes in learning.
- To develop the dependency of students in conducting activities for others.
- To bridge the gap that exists between P.6 and S.1
To help students to achieve the following aspects:
- Interest of science
- To promote the interest of learning science.
- To enrich our scientific activities both inside or outside the classroom.
- Basic concepts
- To built up some basic concepts of science.
- To use more diagrams, models and computer base software to interpret abstract concepts.
- To enrich S.3 students to understand the aspects of different science subjects (physics, chemistry and biology).
- Practical skills
- To emphasize the importance of handling apparatus and instruments.
- To study through experimental process.
- To make the learning more relate to our daily life.
- To apply theory in solving different problems.
- To show their concern in our earth and act a positive attitude in facing their life.
- Study skills
- To enrich the study skills in learning science.
- To enrich the ability of using scientific methods.
Skills to be developed
Interest in science
- To prepare recent science news in laboratory notice board.
- To displace the projects or models in laboratory displace corner.
- To join some activities arranged by the department.
- To add some learning process activities during lessons e.g. debate, discussion, design an experiment.
- To make use of library and newspaper cutting to promote their self-learning skill.
- To emphasize the importance of doing experiments e.g. the design of experimental set-up, the procedures, the way to draw conclusion.
- To conduct practical test.
Build up concepts
- To encourage students to ask questions.
- To carry out some activities during lessons e.g. discussion, group presentation.
The above planning can be assessed by the following ways.
Observe the following in daily classroom and laboratory activities.
- Students’ responses to teachers.
- Students’ interest in doing projects.
- Students’ ability in solving problems.
- Assess by their performance in doing homework, notes, exercises and quizzes.
- Assess by comparing tests and examinations results with previous years and different classes.
- Assess by their performance in practical tests.
- Assess the number of borrowed books from library.
- Assess by the participation of science activities.